Stylist: Zadrian Smith & Sarah Edmiston
Outfit: custom Fendi by Silvia Venturini Fendi and Kim Jones
Makeup Artist: Kelsey Deenihan using Bare Minerals
Hairstylist: Bridget Brager using T3 Micro
Manicurist: Stephanie Stone using Chanel Beauty
Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Ahead of the big night in fashion, the MET Gala, we are trying to kill time by writing about another big past event: The Oscars. We loved Naomi Scott‘s unconventional fashion choice for the event and we’d like to keep you in the loop.
The “Anatomy of a Scandal” actress wore a custom Fendi purple cape dress inspired by the Spring 2022 Couture collection.
Scott accessorized the look with black satin Jimmy Choo ‘Dasia‘ platform sandals (same model as pictured below, different color), a Messika by Kate Moss High Jewelry colour play white Mother of Pearl three finger ring and a Messika Glam’Azone Diamond Double ring.
Naomi‘s makeup was pretty effortless and in tune with her desire to keep her skin clean and moisturized. The actress suffers from eczema and there is no better way to treat it than to keep your skin hydrated.
Here is what makeup artist Kelsey Deenihan revealed to Bare Minerals: “Naomi is wearing a gorgeous deep jewel tone purple dress to present at the Oscars. So as not to compete with the opulence of the dress we kept her makeup classic and regal (as a Disney princess does) with liner smudged into a simple wing shape and a nude lip to compliment her natural tones.”
Here are all the details (slightly edited for clarity):
– Bare Minerals – Original Liquid Mineral Foundation in ‘Neutral Tan 21‘;
– Bare Minerals – Original Liquid Mineral Concealer in ‘Medium Tan 3.5W‘;
– Bare Minerals – Gen Nude Powder Blush in ‘Pink Me Up‘ mixed with ‘Beige for Days‘.
– Bare Minerals – Brow Master Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in ‘Darkest Brown‘;
– Bare Minerals – Strength & Length Serum-Infused Brow Gel in ‘Clear‘;
– Bare Minerals – Mineralist Eyeshadow Palette in ‘Sunlit‘, creating a winged liner with ‘Mahogany‘;
– Bare Minerals – Mineralist Eyeshadow Palette in ‘Burnished‘, blending ‘Earth‘ into the crease;
– Bare Minerals – Maximist Liquid Eyeliner in ‘Maximum Black‘ along the lash line to define the lashes;
– Bare Minerals – Maximist Mascara in ‘Maximum Black‘.
– Bare Minerals – Gen Nude Under Over Lip Liner in ‘Borderline‘ to slightly over line the top lip;
– Bare Minerals – Mineralist Hydro-Smoothing Lipstick in ‘Balance‘;
– Bare Minerals – Lip Gloss Balm in ‘Peace‘.
Click here for the full detailed tutorial.
When it came to her hair, Bridget Brager used T3 Micro tools to create a wet-looking, sleeked back bob, here is a little breakdown thanks to the community of Beauty Launchpad:
“1. Add a mixture of oil and cream to damp hair and use the T3 AireBrush Duo with the paddle brush attachment to direct the hair off the face and behind the ears.
2. Once the hair is dry, use the T3 Lucea Flat Iron to smooth the hair, but not straightening the ends completely.
3. Add a little flip to combat the high neck zipper of the dress.
4. The goal was for the hair to stay as close to the head as possible but still had some shape. Once the hair is smooth and set in place, use a gel and cream mixture and rake it into the hair to create a hydrated, wet look.
5. Then add a shine spray and clip the hair so it would dry and set in position without flyaways.
6. Remove the clips and go through the hair with a high shine gloss spray and super hold hair spray and clean up around the edges of the face with a small detailing brush.
7. Lastly, add final spritz of hairspray.”
For the nails, manicurist Stephanie Stone used a Chanel nail polish in the shade ‘Rouge Noir‘. A very deep dark red which becomes progressively darker with each coat.
During the ceremony, Naomi Scott presented the award for the category Best Animated Feature Film, together with two actresses who portrayed Disney princess characters in live-action remakes of their respective films such as Lily James for “Cinderella” and Halle Bailey for “The Little Mermaid“. Scott famously played Princess Jasmine.
The award went to “Encanto“.