Stylist: Molly Dickson
Outfit: custom Miu Miu
Makeup Artist: Melissa Hernandez using Armani Beauty
Hairstylist: Florido using Paul Mitchell
Colorist: Tracey Cunningham and Soumuy Nam
Manicurist: Zola Ganzorigt using OPI
Tan Artist: Sunkissed by Jenny x Jenni Blafer
Jewelry: David Yurman
Actress Sydney Sweeney is a true beauty in every right. Immensely talented as much as she is gorgeous, she did not miss the chance to shine at this year’s Oscars Afterparty. Let’s see how it went.
Sweeney donned a custom Miu Miu lilac silk gown embellished with Swarovski crystals embroidery, reminiscent of the designs from the Fall 2022 Ready-to-Wear collection and the Spring 2022 Ready-to-Wear collection.
She paired her ensemble with David Yurman High Jewelry kunzite earrings, a David Yurman High Jewelry ring with a rare 21 carat pink sapphire and metallic open-toe sandals.
Sydney‘s makeup is always flawless, thanks to the expertise of Melissa Hernandez. It was precise, clean and girly. The MUA never weighs down the features of the people she makes up, she enhances them. This time the makeup artist used Armani Beauty‘s luxe products–here they are, straight from Hernandez‘s Instagram:
I prepped the skin by smoothing a quarter sized amount of Luminous Silk Hydrating Primer using l my fingertips. It visibly blurs pores and creates a smooth base for foundation.
For a flawless, glowing complexion, I buffed Luminous Silk Foundation in 5.5 in the center of her face and slowly worked my way outwards.
Using my fingertips, I brightened her under-eyes and concealed imperfections using Luminous Silk Concealer in 3.75 and I set the center of her face using Luminous Silk Glow Setting Powder in 4.
For a rosy glow, I added Neo Nude A-Blush in shade 50 onto the apples of her cheeks and lightly sculpted her face using Neo Nude A-Contour Bronzer in shade 20.
For added luminosity, I mixed Fluid Sheer in shades 2 and 8 and pressed it onto the high points of her face with my fingertips.
I created a custom lilac shade by mixing the Eye Tint Long-Lasting Liquid Eyeshadows in 53 and 31 and swept it through the crease for a soft wash of color. I then added shade 33 onto her eyelids for a soft, shimmering effect.
To compliment the feminine lines in the dress, I created a sharp feline flick using Eyes To Kill Liquid Lacquered Eyeliner in Black and added 2 coats of Eccentrico mascara.
I lightly defined her eyebrows with the Smooth Silk Eyebrow Pencil in Shade 1, mimicking hairlike strokes to create a soft, feathery brow.
To tie the look together, I enhanced her natural lip color by using the Lip Power Long-Wear Satin Lipstick in shade 104. It’s the perfect nude!”
The “The Voyeurs” actress up-do was seemingly inspired by Brigitte Bardot (as reported by Harper’s Bazaar), whose hairstyle was appreciated and imitated in the 60’s for its texture and effortlessness.
Using Paul Mitchell products, hairstylist Florido made us dream and brought us back to different times. Here is the whole tutorial, courtesy of the haircare brand itself:
“- On damp hair, add Neuro Lift to roots for volume then Neuro Prime to mid-shaft through ends to prep for blow drying.
– Blow dry and style bangs with the Neuro Halo hair dryer using a Paul Mitchell 407 Styling Brush. Toss hair side to side and blow dry from roots to ends, smoothing each section with a Neuro Round Brush.
– Apply Neuro Protect then add soft texture with the Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth Plus. Use the flat iron to bend hair over and under, starting from the roots and working your way down to tips
– Divide hair into two sections: top and bottom from temple to temple. Take the top section, lift and twist hair into a chic chignon or messy bun. Repeat with the bottom section. Bring it up to meet the top bun, leaving the ends out for extra drama.
– Finish with Paul Mitchell Extra Body Finishing Spray to hold the style in place.”
For more information regarding the color of Sweeney‘s hair, you can check this Instagram post by colorist Tracey Cunningham.
To conclude, let’s talk about Sydney‘s lovely and summer-y manicure, courtesy of her friend and manicurist Zola Ganzorigt, who was kind enough to share with her followers all the details regarding the blonde beauty’s mani:
1. Prep the nails
2. OPI Super Strong base coat
3. 2 thin layers of OPI ‘Bubble Bath‘
4. OPI ‘You’re Such a BudaPest‘ for lilac ombré
5. OPI Stay Shiny top coat
6. OPI Chrome Effects powder in ‘Amethyst Made the Short List‘ on lilac color
7. OPI Stay Shiny top coat”
Enjoy the videos down below.