Stylist: Law Roach
Outfit: custom Valentino Haute Couture by Pierpaolo Piccioli
Makeup Artist: Sheika Daley using Lancôme
Hairstylist: Larry Sims using Flawless By Gabrielle Union
Manicurist: Chaun Peth using OPI
Pouch: vintage Pierre Balmain
Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Zendaya stunned everyone at this year’s Oscars, not even mentioning her red carpet moment where the wind gently blew through her hair and gown, creating an iconic moment. So let’s talk about it.
The Black beauty wore a custom cutout Valentino Haute Couture fluo yellow chiffon dress named “Force de beauté“, 300 hours of work by hand have been necessary for the creation of the dress in Valentino‘s Ateliers.
Valentino‘s Creative Director Pierpaolo Piccioli gave a little backstory for the dress on his personal Instagram, and we are glad to report it here: “When we knew that Zendaya was about to present the Academy, Law, Francesca [writer’s note: Valentino‘s Global Communication, Events and Celebrities Director] and I with my team sat down and made a plan. We knew that it was about time to go for something sophisticated and daring at the same time. After sketches and proposals we had a call with Zendaya and Law to finalize the choice. We thought that yellow could be the most unexpected colour for a dress with such a shape and kind of very couture draping and that if there were one who could wear it flawlessly it was Zendaya. But still, even though we were all prepared and we all knew how she would look, the moment we saw her we were all speechless, after a few seconds the Instagram was nothing but yellow. She turned the dress into something magic, something that we will all remember for a long, long time. And maybe the word “icon” may sound a little too cliche but it’s all I can think about when I look at her.”
Of course it is not a true Law Roach moment, if there’s no fashion reference involved, and according to the stylist and Vogue.com, “the yellow look bore closest resemblance to a jumpsuit Cher wore on The Sonny and Cher Show in 1970.”
The jewelry she wore offered a special sneak peek of Bulgari‘s upcoming Magnifica High Jewelry collection, Zendaya accessorized the look with a lavish, diamond and platinum necklace featuring an opulent yellow diamond. The innovative transformable piece showcases two diamond collars and a removable brooch-pendant. Added to her diamond earrings, bracelet, and rings, her ensemble topped 180 kts of pure ‘Magnifica‘.
To finish off the look, Zendaya wore a pair of Jimmy Choo Max 150 platform sandals in a custom matching color.
Thankfully, both Lancôme and makeup artist Sheika Daley provided us with a product breakdown to achieve the airy and graceful look:
– Lancôme Clarifique Face Essence the night prior and morning-of on Zendaya‘s face and neck for extra hydration radiance and smooth skin texture;
– Lancôme Renergie Lift Multi-Action Ultra Sheet Mask;
– for the eyes, Daley applied Lancôme Advanced Genifique Light Pearl Hydrogel Melting 360 Eye Mask which smooths de-puffs and illuminates the under eye area;
– Lancôme Advanced Genifique Face Serum;
– Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation in #425 “Bisque Warm“;
– Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear stick in #420 “Bisque Neutral“;
– Lancôme Dual Finish highlighter;
– Lancôme Blush Subtile in “Blushing Tresor“;
– Lancôme Fix It Forget It Setting Spray.
– Lancôme Hypnôse 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette in “Terre De Sienne” and “French Nude“;
– Lancôme Le Crayon Khol in “Black Coffee“;
– Lancôme Cils Booster XL Enhancing Lash Primer;
– Lancôme Lash Idôle Mascara;
– Lancôme Brow shaping Powdery Pencil in “Chocolate” and “Light Brown“;
– Lancôme Sourcils Styler Brow Gel in “Transparent“.
– Line the lips with Lancôme Le Crayon Lip Contour in “Nude“
– Lancôme Juicy Tubes Ultra Shiny Hydrating Lip Gloss in #13 “Raspberry Cool“.
“The inspiration came from us wanting to do a very clean, fresh, and natural look. Barely there makeup balanced the neon dress and we had fun experimenting with all the flesh tones on the eyes, cheeks, and lips” the makeup artist told InStyle.com.
For her nude nails, manicurist Chaun Peth used the nail polish “Samoan Sand” from OPI.
During the ceremony, Zendaya presented the awards for for Best Original Score and Best Original Song.