As soon as I saw the first pictures from the virtual Screen Actors Guild Awards 2021, I religiously followed every step of the actress and her glam team, to bring you the absolute best beauty and fashion experience I could.
Kirby stunned in a custom Givenchy dress made up of a black long high-waisted skirt with a deep slit, a matching top, covered by an intricate silver encrusted bodice. The actress is well known for her love of tight-fitting long simple dresses and this one felt like a more elevated kind. A Cartier ring and earrings decorated with diamonds and rubies finished off the look. Her shoes could be a pair of Stuart Weitzman black Nudist heels, but since we have no confirmation, we won’t add them as a fashion detail in the list above.
Her makeup was truly striking and clean beauty makeup artist Katey Denno explained on her Instagram the thought process for such a simple but at the same time effective look: “Often less is more, and tonight proves the point. Vanessa envisioned the look should place all the emphasis on her lips, lashes, and full brows, and keep her skin super fresh and clear.”
– Pai Skincare Century Flower Lotus + Orange Blossom soothing tonic,
– Pai Skincare Rosehip Biogenerate oil,
– Pai Skincare System D Schisandra + Ceramide cooling eye serum,
– ILIA Beauty Lip Wrap hydrating mask.
– ILIA Beauty Liquid Light Serum Highlighter in ‘Atomic’ as a base on her cheeks and lids,
– perfected her skin using ILIA Beauty‘s True Serum foundation + concealer where needed.
– ILIA’s ‘Tenderly’ multi-stick is giving her a tiny bit of a pink hue on her cheeks.
– ILIA Beauty Polka Dots + Moonbeams [writer’s note: it’s an organic highlighter] on her lids for a creamy glow,
– their gel crayon black eyeliner in tiny smudged dots along her lash line for a little subtle depth
– and a lot of LimitlessLash mascara on very well curled lashes.
On her lips:
– I decided, in true makeup artist style, to mix ‘Rumba’ + ‘Tango’ (we can never just use one lipstick shade) from ILIA’s Color Block collection for the perfect red, and dusted her painted lips with a little of ILIA’s translucent powder to mattify the finish.”
Vanessa was nominated in the category Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role for her role as Martha Weiss in Pieces of a Woman.