Stylist: Micaela Erlanger
assisted by Eliza Yerry, Britt Theodora and Laura Sophie Cox
Outfit: Valentino by Pierpaolo Piccioli
Makeup Artist: Kate Lee using Chanel Beauty
Hairstylist: Marcus Francis using Suave Beauty
Clutch: Judith Leiber
Shoes: Rupert Sanderson (not visible)
We are looking forward to the new award season, so it’s not uncommon for us to bring back events from the past years. Today we decided on Vanessa Kirby attending the Screen Actors Guild Awards, held at The Shrine on January 21, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.
Kirby stunned in a dreamy floral Valentino floor sweeping gown from the Spring 2018 Ready-to-Wear collection.
The “Italian Studies” actress accessorized the ensemble with–what appears to be–a red Judith Leiber Satin Coffered Rectangle clutch bag, Niwaka Kyo No Matsuri yellow gold and spessartite garnet earrings, a Kyo No Matsuri multi-color stone ring and a Karahana pink gold and diamond ring.
Makeup artist Kate Lee told Allure why Vanessa‘s look may have seemed a bit excessive, but as always, there’s method in her madness.
“Normally, you use colors that are the opposite of your eye color to make them stand out. […] But I didn’t want to do anything predictable. I like to be very instinctual—that’s where the fun is!”
The products she used were all courtesy of Chanel Beauty, here they are (plus a little tutorial):
– Chanel – Ombre Première Longwear Cream Eyeshadow in ‘Verderame‘ blended through the crease (possibly applying the shadow with one brush and blending with another free of pigment to avoid overdosing on color);
– creamy concealer over the center of the lids to camouflage redness, keeping the lids matte;
– Dimensions De Chanel – Mascara in Nero Metallo;
– Chanel – Poudre à Lèvres Lip Balm & Powder Duo in Rosso Parthenope;
– define the cupid’s bow with liner;
– Tatcha – Blotting Papers and a powder puff dusted with La Mer‘s loose powder for touch-ups;
– Glossier – Haloscope – dew effect highlighter in Quartz on the cheekbones, jawline, bridge of the nose and crest of the lip;
– BeautyBlender Pro dampened with Chanel Hydra Beauty Essence Mist;
– Chanel – Vitalumière Aqua Foundation.
Hairstylist Marcus Francis used Suave Beauty products to achieve an effortless texture. Look at the picture above to know the exact ones.
Vanessa Kirby was nominated in the category Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for her role in “The Crown“, along with her fellow peers Claire Foy, Victoria Hamilton, Anton Lesser and Matt Smith (the award went to “This Is Us“).