Stylist: Joseph Cassell Falconer assisted by
Juliana Vargas, @cathleenp, @nicksegodi and Clara B Fath
Outfit: Oscar de la Renta by Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia
Tailor: Egle Ona Paulauskaite
Makeup Artist: Pat McGrath using Pat McGrath Labs
Hairstylist: Jemma Muradian
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Jewelry: Lorraine Schwartz
As strange as it may sound, we’ve never written about Taylor Swift here. After the multiple wins of this year’s MTV Video Music Awards, it was long overdue. Read further for all the details.
For the award show, Taylor was a vision in an Oscar de la Renta draped crystal cocktail dress from the Resort 2023 collection, paired with silver Christian Louboutin Bombina Pampilla high heels.
The “Lover” singer also accessorized the look with pear-shaped earrings and rings by Lorraine Schwartz.
Swift‘s incredible makeup took inspiration from her Oscar de la Renta dress, playing with its light-reflecting capabilities. Of course Pat McGrath was the master behind the look, using her own products that are proven to be among the best on the market. Here is a tutorial, straight from the pro herself:
– Massage Pat McGrath Labs – Divine Skin: Rose 001 The Essence into the skin;
– prep the face with Pat McGrath Labs – Sublime Perfection Primer using fingertips;
– blend an even layer of Pat McGrath Labs – Sublime Perfection Foundation in ‘Light Medium 11‘ into the skin;
– brighten under the eyes with Pat McGrath Labs – Sublime Perfection Concealer in ‘Light 7‘;
– set the foundation with Pat McGrath Labs – Sublime Perfection Setting Powder in ‘Light 1‘ & ‘Light Medium 2‘;
– set under the eyes & center of the face with Pat McGrath Labs – Blurring Under-Eye Powder in ‘Light‘.
CHEEKS & HIGHLIGHTER
– Blend Pat McGrath Labs – ‘Nude Venus‘ & ‘Divine Rose‘ Divine Blush over the apples of the cheeks;
– highlight the high points of the face with Pat McGrath Labs – Skin Fetish Highlighter + Balm Duo in ‘Nude‘;
– Blend a wash of Pat McGrath Labs – ‘Rosewood Romantique‘ eye shadow from Mothership X: Moonlit Seduction across the lid & through the crease with a fluffy brush;
– use a small detail brush to add depth along the lower lash line with Pat McGrath Labs – ‘Xtreme Nocturne‘ eye shadow;
– line the lash line with Pat McGrath Labs – Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner in ‘Xtreme Black‘ & extend into a wing;
– apply crystals above the liner & crease in a v-shape;
— Curl the lashes & coat with Pat McGrath Labs – FetishEYES Mascara.
– Line & define the shape of the lips with Pat McGrath Labs – ‘Blood Lust‘ PermaGel Ultra Lip Pencil;
– add depth to the outer corners with Pat McGrath Labs – ‘Deep Dive‘ PermaGel Ultra Lip Pencil;
– use a finger to blend the edges of the pencil towards the center of the lips;
– finish by applying Pat McGrath Labs – ‘Elson 4‘ LiquiLUST.”
The hair was styled in a short knot updo with curtain bangs by Jemma Muradian while her nails consisted of a long claw manicure decorated with sparkles and crystals.
We were not able to find who created the set for her, in case she did not paint them herself–in any case, we will make sure to keep on with our research so that we’ll be able to update this article as soon as we’ll eventually find out.
Many compared the look to what she wore in the bathtub scene of the video for ‘Look What You Made Me Do‘, we guess it’s payback time now, since fans felt she deserved a nomination for the single in the Video of the Year category in 2018.
Taylor Swift was nominated in the categories Video of the Year for “All Too Well: The Short Film” (winner), Best Longform Video for “All Too Well: The Short Film” (winner), Best Direction for “All Too Well: The Short Film” (winner), Best Cinematography for “All Too Well: The Short Film” and Best Editing for “All Too Well: The Short Film“.