Stylist: Danielle Goldberg assisted by Caroline Edison
Outfit: custom Valentino by Pierpaolo Piccioli
Tailor: Tailor Here
Makeup Artist: Nina Park assisted by Yukari Obayashi Bush using Chantecaille
Hairstylist: Clayton Hawkins assisted by Ashley Grossblatt
using Living Proof and Tangle Teezer
Manicurist: Yoko Sakakura assisted by Tohko Nishimoto
There is power in an animalier print and there is no shame around it.
Once I saw how it was styled on Olivia Rodrigo for this year’s Vanity Fair Oscar Afterparty, I was more confident than ever about this statement.
Olivia looked fabulous in a custom Valentino crystal-adorned leopard print dress, probably adapted from a look from the Urban Riviera collection (Pre-Fall 2023) paired with black Valentino Tan-Go 155 leather platform pumps.
She accessorized everything with Boucheron Vendôme Liseré earrings in 18k white gold and a Boucheron Grand Nord ring from the High Jewelry Hiver Impérial collection on her left middle finger.
Celebrity makeup artist Nina Park used Chantecaille products to create a soft satin, mocha-toned eye with a feline flick and peachy nude lip for the singer. Here is what she said in the brand’s press release, relating to her process: “We wanted to create a modern and sleek look for the evening… to give her an illuminated edginess without being too overpowering. I love when a face turns – different parts illuminate and catch light, so I took that in mind with what I used and how I placed everything.”
“Our focus was on the eyes – we wanted to make a statement and embrace the smoky eye trend but with a modern twist by incorporating rich, warm brown tones and soft but defined liner instead of the traditional black and grey shades and smoked, worn-in look.”
Here below you’ll find the full product list, courtesy of Park:
– Future Skin Gel Foundation in ‘Cream‘ applied in thin layers with her hands until she got the coverage she was looking for;
– Le Camouflage Stylo in ‘2‘;
– Talc Free Loose Powder;
– Sheer Glow Rose Face Tint;
– Wild Meadow Blush in ‘Apple Blossom‘ applied on the tops of the cheeks and along the hairline;
– Wild Meadows Eye Quartet focusing on the milk chocolate shades, intensifying the application around Olivia‘s lash line. The lighter shade was applied lightly to highlight the inner corners of her eyes;
– Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara;
– Luster Glide Eye Liner in ‘Raven‘ and ‘Olive Brocade‘ used to elongate her eyes, using the lightest hand to dust the shimmering pink hue from the eye palette across her eyes to marry everything together;
– Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil Definer in ‘Oak Brown‘;
– Lip Definer in ‘Natural‘;
– Lip Chic in ‘Meadow‘ patted on the lips for a luminous glow.
As for her hair, Clayton Hawkins styled it in a chic wavy side part, cascading on her shoulders and part of her chest. He mentioned using products by Living Proof and Tangle Teezer.
Manicurist Yoko Sakakura painted the entertainer’s short square shaped nails with a dark nail polish, and she was also kind enough to share a step by step breakdown of the Arctic Fox products she used, on her Instagram–we’ll report the process here for you (slightly edited for clarity):
“1. Start by filing, pushing back cuticles, removing any loose skin, cleaning nail beds with alcohol;
2. apply the Base Coat and let it dry for 5 minutes;
3. apply two coats of Phantom Green Nail Lacquer (let them dry for 3-5 minutes between first and second coat);
4. apply Top Coat for a shiny gloss finish.”
It is not a mystery that I do love the work of stylist Danielle Goldberg.
She gave Rodrigo that elevated and mature look, which was a breath of fresh air from some of her previous ones. She is growing up and it’s natural for every girl to feel the need to look more mature as time goes by. This was a clever way of doing it, not going for the too sexy route but for the sophisticated route, and while it is nice to show cleavage too, it’s also nice to feel your best without showing too much sometimes.
Goldberg has the capability to make all her clients looked insanely put together, and I’ll never get tired of writing about the incredible red carpet moments she keeps on giving us.