Stylist: Chloe Delgadillo & Chenelle Delgadillo
Outfit: Atelier Versace by Donatella Versace
Makeup Artist: Molly Greenwald using Byredo and Glossier
Hairstylist: Clayton Hawkins using Matrix
Manicurist: Casey Herman using OPI
Jewelry: Richard Kerr from Aralda Vintage
After some hectic nights, gathering information regarding this year’s Oscars (and respective afterparties), I needed a bit of fun, so I decided to write about Olivia Rodrigo attending the the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards at Barclays Center on September 12, 2021 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City.
Rodrigo stunned in an archive Atelier Versace gown from the Spring 2001 Couture collection. Crafted from pink tulle, the design was inspired by the tailored silhouettes of the 1940s and featured intricate draping across the body and visible boning.
The “Good 4 U” singer accessorized the look with a pair of Versace Medusa Aeternitas open-toe sandals (same model pictured, different color–probably custom dyed to match the dress) and a bubble gum pink Versace patent quilted Virtus V Evening Bag from the Resort 2021 collection.
Rodrigo‘s makeup was kept “clean, radiant and delicate” as her makeup artist Molly Greenwald told Allure–to achieve the look, she used these exact products:
– Byredo – ‘Tears in Rain‘ mascara;
– Byredo – ‘Practical Brown‘ eyeliner for a soft cat-eye wing;
– Byredo – ‘Syren‘ eyeshadow palette using ‘Melody‘ (the light pink shadow with glitter) from lash to brow;
– Byredo – ‘Semi-formal‘ lipstick;
– Byredo – ‘Tokio Rose‘ lipstick mixed with the other one to match the draping of the dress and the magenta of her earrings.
For her hair, Clayton Hawkins opted for long hair in sleek waves, the online community of behindthechair.com came through with all the deets and a tutorial:
– Prep with Matrix – Total Results – A Curl Can Dream – lightweight oil on damp hair and blow-out with a boar bristle brush;
– wave the hair with a 1-inch curling iron and lock in with Matrix – Total Results – High Amplify – flexible hold hairspray;
– add a tiny drop of Matrix – StyleLink Overachiever – 3-in-1 cream+paste+wax to the hairline part and secure behind the ears with bobby pins.
According to Byrdie, manicurist Casey Herman matched Olivia‘s nails to her dress using an OPI nail polish in the shade ‘7th & Flower‘ from the ‘Downtown LA‘ collection, sealed with an OPI Top Coat for a glossy finish.
Olivia Rodrigo was nominated in the categories Song of the Year for “Drivers License” (winner), Artist of the Year, Best New Artist (winner), Push Performance of The Year for “Drivers License” (winner), Best Pop for “Good 4 U” and Song of Summer for “Good 4 U“.