Stylist: Jessica Paster
Outfit: Louis Vuitton Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear ensemble by Nicolas Ghesquière
Makeup Artist: Lisa Storey
Hairstylist: Akki Shirakawa
Shoes: Christian Louboutin pumps
Clutch: Louis Vuitton
Jewelry: Louis Vuitton and Graziela Gems
The 2016’s MET Gala theme was: Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology.
The exhibition’s name was due to the dichotomy between Manus (the hand) also known as haute couture and Machina (by machine) also known as prêt-à-porter. The exhibition explored the evolution of clothing, and the way it is made. It covered the origins of haute couture in the 19th century, the same year the sewing machine was invented. There was a great focus on whether or not hand made or machine made clothing had an influence on the artists creative process.
The exhibition featured pieces by designers such as Maria Grazia Chiuri, Pier Paolo Piccioli, Nicolas Ghesquière, Iris Van Herpen, Christopher Kane, Karl Lagerfeld, and Miuccia Prada.
There was also an exact breakdown of the products in an article by Popsugar.com.au but I am having trouble reaching the link again (it’s probably outdated) so I will copy-paste the content here in case you are interested:
“✧ The Base
– Skin prep:
● First, I applied Flawless Start Instant perfecting Primer to prime and perfect skin.
● To even Miranda’s skin tone, I applied Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Makeup in Warm Sun Beige and used Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Makeup in Toasty Beige to contour and bring out her cheek bones.
● Next, I used Flawless Finish Correcting and Highlighting Perfector to highlight under her eyes, cheek bones and cupid’s bow. I set with Ceramide Skin Smoothing Loose Powder.
● For a dewy flush of color I mixed Ceramide Cream Blush in Nectar and Plum.
✧ The Eyes
● Miranda’s eyes were softly enhanced with Beautiful Color Eye Shadow in Truffle over the lids.
● Then I swiped two coats of Grand Entrance Mascara over top and bottom lashes.
● I added drama by using Beautiful Color Natural Eye Brow Pencil in Brownette to create a strong, defined brow.
● To finish the look, I lined lips lips with Precision Glide Lip Liner in Naturel followed by Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lip Color in Scarlet for a statement lip.
In said article, she also stated: “To complement Miranda’s structured and dramatic Louis Vuitton two piece set, I went for a classic, yet bold look with a defined brow and deep red lip.”
Hairstylist Akki Shirakawa used ghd tools and hair products to achieve the edgy look. As he stated: “The inspiration for Miranda‘s look for the Met Ball 2016 was fully in line with the theme of the night. It embraced fashion in the age of technology. The look was graphic, futuristic and striking.”
You can check ghd‘s website to know exactly what went down.
As a clutch she carried a Louis Vuitton Studded Petite Malle.
On her feet, she sported a pair of Christian Louboutin Tortoise Patent “Suzanna” pointy toe pumps.