Stylist: Marni Senofonte
Outfit: custom Givenchy Haute Couture by Matthew Williams
Makeup Artist: Mary Phillips using Kylie Skin and Kylie Cosmetics
Hairstylist: Jen Atkin
Manicurist: Chaun Peth
Pedi: Kim Truong
Kendall Jenner‘s gown for last year’s MET Gala was everything anyone could ask for. It was so breathtaking that it made us actually want to cry. Want to know more? Read further.
Jenner walked the red carpet in a custom Givenchy Haute Couture long dress in illusion tulle fully embroidered with crystals, crystal flowers and crystal fringes, worn with matching embroidered gloves, silk tulle bustier and beige leather sandals.
The dress was a modern take on the outfit Audrey Hepburn wore in “My Fair Lady“.
Givenchy‘s current creative director Matthew Williams explained to Vogue that the choice for the outfit symbolized the connection between French couture and American cinema even tough Audrey Hepburn was famously a Belgium born, British actress. The relationship the actress had with Hubert de Givenchy mirrored Kendall‘s relationship with Williams, whom she was a friend of even before he worked for the French fashion house.
According to Matthew, the dress took three months, 2500 hours to make and 30 beaders to complete it.
Mary Phillips did her magic on the model, opting for a natural and glowy makeup look, inspired by Audrey Hepburn as she told Refinery29: “Audrey Hepburn was our greatest inspiration for this look. She was such a fashion icon in the Golden Age of Hollywood. Her classy, romantic, effortless glam is what truly influenced us to create this beautiful, timeless look.”
The products she used were part of the model’s sister Kylie‘s brands. Here are all the details (edited for clarity):
– Kylie Skin – Face Moisturizer;
– Kylie Skin – Eye Cream;
– Kylie Skin – Sugar Lip Scrub.
– Kylie Cosmetics – Pressed Powder Blush in ‘Pink Dreams‘ and ‘Pink Power‘;
– Kylie Cosmetics – Pressed Bronzing Powder in ‘Khaki‘;
– Kylie Cosmetics – Kylighter Highlighting Powder in ‘Dreamin of Diamonds‘.
– Kylie Skin – Coconut Body Lotion;
– Kylie Cosmetics – Body Glow in ‘All Gold Everything‘.
– Kylie Cosmetics – 24k Collection: Pressed Powder Palette –
Shades: ‘Make A Wish‘, ‘Pull Up‘, ‘Moments In Time‘;
– Kylie Cosmetics – Gel Eyeliner Pencil in ‘Matte Black‘;
– Kylie Cosmetics – Kyliner Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner Pen;
– Kylie Cosmetics – Kybrow Pencil in ‘Medium Brown‘;
– Kylie Cosmetics – Clear Brow Gel.
– Kylie Cosmetics – Lip Liner in ‘Forever And Always‘;
– Kylie Cosmetics – Liquid Lipstick in ‘Angel‘;
– Kylie Cosmetics – High Gloss in ‘Like‘.
Kendall‘s updo paid homage to the regal one Audrey Hepburn had in the movie; here is how to recreate it according to the hair community of Mane Addicts:
“Step 1: Apply dry texture foam at the roots on dry hair;
Step 2: Take a 1” section, wrap it around your finger, and squeeze it with a flat iron for texture;
Step 3: Rake your hair with your hands to keep a soft texture;
Step 4: Secure the bun with a bungee;
Step 5: Matte pomade through your ends;
Step 6: Wrap your hair into a bun and secure with French hairpins;
Step 7: Finish the look with a blush brush and hairspray.”
Manicurist Chaun Peth used a The Gel Bottle nail polish in the shade ‘Naked‘ to match Kenny‘s dress.