Actress Kat Dennings has that sort of ethereal beauty you could easily find in a Renaissance painting and it is a thing I’ve always found interesting, seen the Hollywood landscape where fake tanning has a market on its own.
Her choice of clothing often echoes this imagery, with dresses which can easily go from dark to very romantic.
For the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Afterparty hosted by Graydon Carter, she opted for a Gemy Maalouf Couture sweetheart neckline and layered lace long hunter green dress, from the Fall-Winter 2015/2016 collection.
Dennings accessorized her look with a Dionea Orcini mini ring in black gold.
I managed to find an interview Beauty Launchpad was able to have with Kat‘s makeup artist Kindra Mann an it explained everything pretty neatly.
“Kat‘s look for the Vanity Fair Party was totally inspired by the romantic feel of her stunning lace green dress. Immediately, we knew we wanted to do a bold crimson lip to play off Kat‘s amazing porcelain skin, and really bring a romantic glam vibe to the look.”
Here is the rundown of the products she used:
- “I started off by prepping Kat’s skin with a light oil free moisturizer from Murad;
- I then primed the skin using Tom Ford Illuminating Primer Base before using a Beauty Blender Sponge to apply Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in #2;
- Under the eyes and where I preferred a bit more coverage, I used a tiny bit of Kevin Aucoin The Skin Enhancer Concealer in #3;
- I then set the makeup with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder in #1 under the eyes, and Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Skin in #2 everywhere else;
- To really pop Kat‘s amazing cheekbones and give the skin a beautiful warm glow, I used Film Star Bronze & Glow by Charlotte Tilbury to the contour of the cheeks and then highlighted just above that;
- To give off that flushed romantic feeling, I used a duo fiber brush and lightly to the apples of the cheeks applied La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow.
- I started off by prepping the lid with Tarte Clean Slate 360 Eyeshadow Primer;
- I then worked into the lid and crease Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Cream Eye Color in Initiation;
- Using a small detail brush I buffed into the lash line the deep green color from the Tom Ford Eye Color Duo in Raw Jade;
- I topped the lashes with Lancôme Cils Booster XL before applying a few coats of Kevyn Aucoin The Essential Mascara and Ardell Individual Lashes in Medium just to the corners of the eyes;
- I shaped and tinted Kat‘s amazing natural brows using Tarte Amazonian Tinted Clay Brow Gel in Medium Brown.