Stylist: Karl Templer
Outfit: Alexander McQueen by Sarah Burton
Makeup Artist: Naoko Scintu using YSL Beauty
Hairstylist: Guido Palau
Manicurist: Kimmie Kyees
Clutch: Alexander McQueen
Shoes: Alexander McQueen
Believe me when I say that today’s article has been on my to-do list for a long time. This May in fact, I fell in love with Kaia Gerber‘s dress for the MET Gala and I wanted to share it with you.
For the Gala, Gerber looked otherworldly in a custom made Alexander McQueen slashed silk tulle dress with silver metal sequin iris embroidery and antique silver hair clips.
The dress was a masterpiece in itself but her hair slides were worth admiring too. Kaia also paired her ensemble with Alexander McQueen square-toe ankle sandals, a silver Alexander McQueen clutch, a Kwiat ‘Starry Night‘ diamond ring in 18k white gold and a Kwiat rose-cut diamond ring featuring a 1.39-carat rose-cut center stone surrounded by round diamonds in a floral-inspired platinum setting.
The model’s makeup was glowy and glittery, with lashes expertly curled and defined strong combed eyebrows. The sparkly eyeshadows on her eyes echoed the reflections of her dress. MUA Naoko Scintu was the master behind this look, using YSL Beauty products (listed below and slightly edited for clarity).
– YSL Beauty – Touche Éclat Blur Primer;
– YSL Beauty – Nu Bare Look Tint #6;
– YSL Beauty – All hours concealer #3;
– YSL Beauty – Touche Éclat 3D All Over Glow Powder;
– YSL Beauty – Crushliner Stylo Eyeliner Waterproof #2;
– YSL Beauty – Sequin Crush Mono Eyeshadow #02 & Satin Crush Mono Eyeshadow #05
mixed together and applied lightly;
– YSL Beauty – Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils in Black #1;
– YSL Beauty – Eyebrow pencil #2;
– YSL Beauty – Couture Blush #4;
– YSL Beauty – Touche Éclat Shimmer Stick Highlighter #2;
– YSL Beauty – Lip Styler #20;
– YSL Beauty – Rouge Volupté Shine Conditioning Lipstick Balm #150.”
Her hair was styled by Guido Palau in a center part with long Lady Godiva-esque locks cascading down her body. It was truly impossible not to see the resemblance of her mane to that of the women who were the protagonists of Pre-Raphaelite paintings.
Gerber‘s nails were courtesy of manicurist Kimmie Kyees, who painted her squoval shaped nails with a dark blue nail polish.
Kaia worked with stylist Karl Templer and I could not help but appreciate his editorial eye for this sort of event. The model is very streamlined when it comes to red carpet dressing and also very loyal to the brands she loves, so I admired the effort she put into crafting a sort of narrative for this particular occasion (which is one of my favorites all year round).
⇩ Enjoy some behind-the-scenes videos here below ⇩