Stylist: Elizabeth Stewart assisted by Jordan Grossman
Outfit: custom Gucci by Alessandro Michele
Makeup Artist: Mary Greenwell using Gucci Beauty
Hairstylist: Paul Hanlon assisted by Kim Garduno and Nastya Miliaeva
Manicurist: Julie Kandalec using Gucci Beauty
Jessica Chastain‘s outfit for this year’s MET Gala has been on my mind since I saw it on the red carpet. It seems that in some way a lot of people overlooked it, and I thought it was not a fair treatment of the whole situation because–quite frankly–she looked glorious.
For the night, Chastain looked otherworldly in an oxblood custom Gucci duchesse silk all-over sequin gown with winding crystal snake embroidery, matching stole and hair accessory.
She completed her look with Gucci High Jewelry Hortus Deliciarum earrings in white gold, pink spinels and diamonds and a Tiger Head ring in white gold, rubies and diamonds. Sadly, her shoes were not visible.
If you want to know more about the conversation her stylist Elizabeth Stewart had with Evan Ross Katz ahead of the big fashion night, you can listen to this specific episode from his podcast down below.
Jessica‘s makeup was pretty simple and elevated, since the dress was the star of the show. Makeup artist Mary Greenwell used Gucci Beauty products, and wrote on her Instagram a detailed breakdown and tutorial to follow. Here it is, slightly edited for clarity:
1. Gucci Beauty – Sérum De Beauté Fluide Matifiant Face Primer;
2. Gucci Beauty – Fluide De Beauté Fini Naturel Shade 210C all over the skin, blending it gently with the fingers;
3. Gucci Beauty – Fluide De Beauté Fini Naturel Shade 120N under the eyes
4. Gucci Beauty – Rouge a Lèvres Liquid Mat Lipstick Shade ‘25* Goldie Red‘ for warmth on the cheeks;
5. Gucci Beauty – Poudre De Beauté Eclat Soleil Bronzing Powder Shade 02 to shape and gently contour;
6. Gucci Beauty – Poudre De Beauté Mat Naturel Setting Powder Shade 02 to set the whole look, specifically the t-zone;
7. Gucci Beauty – Beauté Des Yeux Floral Eyeshadow Palette – blending the colors to create a socket and a full smoky eye;
8. Gucci Beauty – Stylo Contour Des Yeux Kôhl Eyeliner shade 01 ‘Noir‘ – in the roots of the lashes to bring intensity to the eye and blended a little under the eye as well;
9. Gucci Beauty – Mascara L’Obscur in Eve Black;
10. Gucci Beauty – Crayon Definition Sourcils Shade 02 ‘Blond‘;
11. Gucci Beauty – Crayon Contour Des Lèvres Lip Liner shade ‘01 Nude‘ to outline the lips;
12. Gucci Beauty – Rouge à Lèvres Satin Lipstick Shade ‘104 Penny Beige‘ to fill the lips.
Her long wavy, soft hair that gently cascaded on her back was courtesy of hairstylist Paul Hanlon.
To match Jessica‘s gown, manicurist Julie Kandalec layered two shades of Gucci Vernis à Ongles nail polishes on the actress’ oval shaped nails: first, two coats of ‘700 Crystal Black‘ and then one coat of Gucci ’25* Goldie Red‘ (that you can see in the picture above).