Stylist: Ian Bradley
Outfit: custom Louis Vuitton by Nicolas Ghesquière
Makeup Artist: Sherri Berman Laurence using Pat McGrath Labs
Hairstylist: Sabana Majeed
Manicurist: Kana Kishita using Morgan Taylor Nail Lacquer
Belt: Louis Vuitton
Clutch: Louis Vuitton
Shoes: Louis Vuitton
Jewelry: Lady Grey
One of the memorable looks that populated the MET Gala 2019’s red carpet, was the one proposed by model and actress Indya Moore.
Moore wore a custom metallic gold Louis Vuitton minidress, with slightly voluminous sleeves and an embroidered waist detail, punctuated by a thick futuristic belt, paired with red shiny pumps and a gold mini bag.
Her stylist Ian Bradley told Vogue.com how he came up with the idea of a custom dress that reflected the theme of the event: “Camp is the attempt to do something extraordinary. But extraordinary in the sense, often, of being special, glamorous.”
After some brainstorming with Louis Vuitton women’s collections creative director Ghesquière, “Nicolas sent the sketch and we both loved it right away”.
Makeup artist Sherri Berman Laurence created the custom piece that she applied on Indya‘s face and according to the same interview for Vogue.com: “She nodded to the campy film Clockwork Orange with a golden half-face mask, applied overtop Moore’s right eye, using meta feathers and pieces of clock gear.”
The full product breakdown was provided by makeup artist extraordinaire Pat McGrath, and we’re delighted to report it here:
– Blend ‘ROSE GOLD 0005’ pigment from Mothership V: Bronze Seduction through the crease with a small blending brush / Pack ‘BLACK METAL’ eye shadow from Mothership III: Subversive onto the outer half of the lid & blend through the outer corner / Press ‘PALE GOLD 002’ pigment from Mothership I: Subliminal onto the inner half of the lid with a finger;
– Apply ‘XTREME BLACK’ PermaGel Ultra Glide Eye Pencil through the waterline & along the lower lash line;
– highlight the inner corner with ‘ASTRAL LUNA GOLD’ pigment from Mothership V: Bronze Seduction [writer’s note: check the first picture above to see the exact shade];
– Apply FetishEYES Mascara & false lashes.
– Press ‘MAJOR RED’ LuxeTrance Lipstick onto the lips with finger;
– use a lip brush with ‘MAJOR RED’ LuxeTrance Lipstick to perfect the shape of the lips.
– Apply Skin Fetish Highlighter + Balm Duo in ‘GOLDEN’ to the high points of the face with fingertips / Layer Skin Fetish ‘FINE GOLD 003’ highlighter onto the high points of the face with the Buffer 003 Brush.”
Moore brought her long ponytail with her, as if it was an accessory, by being attached to a Lady Grey gold Infinity bracelet.
Hairstylist Sabana Majeed created for the model a 11-foot braid, telling Vogue.com: “To make this garment camp, we thought it could be done with the hair. The gesture was the idea of holding this extravagant braid, a braid that is undeniably black.”
Manicurist Kana Kishita used a Morgan Taylor Nail Lacquer in the shade Scandalous to paint Indya‘s nails.
Pose (stylized as POSE) is an American drama television series about New York City’s African-American and Latino LGBTQ and gender-nonconforming drag ball culture scene in the 1980s and, in the second season, early 1990s.
Featured characters are dancers and models who compete for trophies and recognition in this underground culture, and who support one another in a network of chosen families known as Houses.
Indya Moore plays Angel Vasquez-Evangelista, a trans woman sex worker.