Stylist: Jorden Bickham assisted by Austen Turner and Kate Nehra
Outfit: Atelier Versace
Makeup Artist: Adam Wolfgang using Pat McGrath Labs
Hairstylist: Hos Hounkpatin assisted by Giavanna Calabria
Manicurist: Eri Ishizu assisted by Misa Matsumura
Clutch: Judith Leiber
Jewelry: Tiffany & Co.
I have a deep–and not so secret–love for Versace and whenever there’s a chance to write about it, I’m here for it. Let’s talk about the archive piece model Imaan Hammam wore to this year’s MET Gala.
The Black beauty stunned in an Atelier Versace gown from the Spring Summer 2002 collection. The intricately embroidered stars represented the American Flag.
Imaan paired the look with Aquazzura Nights crystal-embellished PVC and metallic leather pumps, a Judith Leiber Slim Slide silver clutch encrusted in rhine faceted crystals and two platinum Tiffany & Co. diamond bracelets and diamond earrings.
Pat McGrath shared a full breakdown of all the products Adam Wolfgang used on Imaan‘s face, keep in mind that the look was slightly altered for the afterparty. Either way, we are going to report everything here if you want to replicate it:
– Apply Sublime Perfection Foundation in ‘Medium 17‘ to even out the skin;
– Sublime Perfection Concealer in ‘Light Medium 13‘ brightens under the eye, conceals any imperfections;
– set the under eyes with Blurring Under-Eye Powder in ‘Medium‘;
– set foundation and concealer with Sublime Perfection Setting Powder in ‘Light Medium 2‘.
CHEEKS & HIGHLIGHTER
– Apply ‘Lovestruck‘ Divine blush on the apples of the cheeks and blend outward;
– Skin Fetish: Highlighter + Balm Duo in ‘Golden‘ highlights the high points of the face.
– Using a finger, apply the IntensifEYES Artistry Wand onto the lid for high impact metallic sheen;
– using Skin Fetish: Sublime Skin Highlighting Trio, press shade Fine Gold 003 on the lid for a light gold shimmer;
– highlight the inner corner of the eye and brow bone using ‘Skinshow Nude Xtasy‘ from Mothership IX: Huetopian Dream Palette.
– Add structure to the crease with a subtle blend ‘Xtreme Plum Noir‘ shadow;
– curl the lashes & coat with Dark Star Mascara.
– Define the lips with ‘Ground Control‘ PermaGel Ultra Lip Pencil;
– glaze the lips with ‘Faux Real‘ Lust: Gloss.”
The stars on the dress were a subtle way to follow the theme of the ball and we can appreciate the gesture, seen that many times models tend to wear the nice gowns, disregarding the initial concept of the event.
Imaan looked absolutely incredible.