Stylist: Amarsana Gendunova
Outfit: Eman Alajlan
Tailor: Selwyn Jerry Boston
Makeup Artist: Georgi Sandev using Estée Lauder
Hairstylist: Peter Lux
We are sorry about the lack of articles at the beginning of the week but we were busy trying to gather valuable information regarding the Oscars and the famous Vanity Fair afterparty.
That being said, we are gearing up towards the next events–so we thought it might be a good idea to revisit what model Grace Elizabeth wore to the Cannes Film Festival last year.
The American model wore a bespoke gilded silk halter dress with a long billowing train by Eman Alajlan, in an ode to Old Hollywood. She paired it with nude Aquazzura Olie Crystal Sandals 105.
Elizabeth also accessorized the look with Hassanzadeh jewelry pieces for an added touch of glamour.
What was enchanting about her was the barely there makeup that gave the idea of a beginning of Summer feeling (keep in mind that the event took place in May) which was nonetheless achieved with the great makeup skills of Georgi Sandev.
Grace Elizabeth is an Estée Lauder Global Brand Ambassador, so it was natural for Sandev to use their products to paint her face. Here is what he used according to the brand’s press release (if you’d like to replicate it):
“- Purify your complexion with Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Foam Cleanser, then apply a refreshing Micro Essence Infusion Mask and relax for 10 minutes.
– Press in any remaining essence from the mask, then add an extra layer of moisture with a few drops of Soft Clean Silky Hydrating Lotion.
– Seal in extraordinary nourishment with Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift Regenerating Youth Emulsion Moisturizer, making sure to gently massage your jawline, under-eye area and temples – this helps stimulate circulation and reduce any puffiness.
– Coat lips with our soothing Pure Color Envy Lip Repair Potion, then infuse your skin with the delicious scent of Bronze Goddess Creme de Soleil Decadent Smoothing Body Crème.
– Prep your skin for makeup by spritzing it with a little Set + Refresh Perfecting Makeup Mist.
– Create a long-wearing, cashmere-matte base with Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation –use a brush to stipple the formula onto your skin for a flawless finish or use your fingers for a ‘your skin but better’ look. Prefer dewy coverage? Mix your Double Wear with a drop or two of Advanced Night Repair Serum.
– Using one shade lighter than your foundation, spotlight under-eyes, forehead, nose and chin with Double Wear Radiant Concealer – this gives you a lit-from-within look. Set your base with a light dusting of Double Wear Sheer Flattery Loose Powder.
– Add warmth to the temples, forehead and hollows of the cheeks with Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer, then illuminate your cheekbones with our silky-soft Bronze Goddess Highlighting Powder Gelée (Grace wears shade Solar Crush).
– Keep your lids looking vibrant all night long by patting on a little Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eyeshadow Base – extend the formula up to your brow bone for seamless blending.
– Take Pure Color Envy Luxe Eyeshadow Quad in Desert Dunes and apply the matte beige shade all over your lids and along the lower lash line, then dust the lightest shade under your brow bone. Dip a damp eyeshadow brush into your Highlighting Powder Gelée, then gently pat it onto your inner corners and centre of the lids for a halo effect.
– Add drama with Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara, then create a lifted look by brushing your brows upwards and outwards with Brow Now Stay-in-Place Brow Gel.
– Finally, lacquer lips with Pure Color Envy Kissable Lip Shine – add definition by applying Bronze Idol to your lip line, then fill with Naked Truth for a fuller, plumper-looking pout.”
The American model’s hair was styled by Peter Lux in a short wet-looking do with a deep side part. The pro is known for his structured and extremely precise hairdos and this one perfectly carried the breezy and effortless feeling her whole ensemble exuded.
For this event, Grace collaborated with Russian stylist Amarsana Gendunova, a well known face behind some of the best looks of the famed French festival.
Top Gun: Maverick is a 2022 American action drama film directed by Joseph Kosinski and written by Ehren Kruger, Eric Warren Singer, and Christopher McQuarrie from stories by Peter Craig and Justin Marks. The film is a sequel to the 1986 film Top Gun.
The film screened at the Cannes Film Festival on May 18 in an Official Selection Screening, where it received a five-minute standing ovation from the audience. The Cannes premiere included a tribute to Tom Cruise and his career.
Footage by Mark Case/Getty Images