One of the best dressed of this year’s MET Gala was definitely Gigi Hadid. Giving everyone Rita Hayworth vibes in her shoulderless column gown.
Hadid stunned the crowd in an ivory silk radzimir gown with contrasting duchesse black bodice, characterized by a wide slit back and an exposed neckline paired with black beaded tights. She also wore crystal embellished slingback pumps, black leather gloves and a black plex hair crystal embellished clip.
☞ Keep in mind that the original models of the shoes and the clip are slightly different from the finished product on the red carpet, probably because they were customized according to both Gigi and her stylist Mimi Cuttrell‘s requests).
People wouldn’t necessarily think about Prada when thinking about American fashion, but as Gigi simply put it in a red carpet interview for Vogue, her “simple” dress could be interpreted as a nod to the first ladies who carried the country during the years, a nod to the 50-60’s glamour, Vogue and American Vogue. In a way she thinks that Prada wanted to celebrate the simplicity of American designers and how they do what they do so well.
The jewelry was courtesy of Jacob & Co., an incredible one-of-a-kind necklace with 117 carats of exceptional diamonds set in platinum adorned her bare neck. The necklace is made of 25 round diamonds, including a 54-carat center stone, valued at $12 million–stud earrings finished-off the look.
Gigi custom mixed the color of her eyeshadow from a palette that her makeup artist Erin Parsons had in her kit. The color was meant to be a distinctive Prada hue that is a signature of the brand (watch Gigi working on the eyeshadow in a video below).
A full list of the products Parsons used on Gigi‘s face is available on her shop my shelf profile, we’ll report it here for clarity:
– Unreleased Maybelline face product;
– Maybelline – Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in Light Honey;
– Westman Atelier – Face Trace Cream Contour Stick in Biscuit;
– Charlotte Tilbury – Beauty Highlighter Wand in Spotlight;
– Nars – Blush in Impassioned;
– Charlotte Tilbury – Filmstar Bronze & Glow;
– Maybelline – Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder in Fair.
– Nars – Brow Perfector in Komo-Medium Brown Warm;
– Maybelline – TattooStudio Eyeliner Pencil in Deep Onyx;
– Maybelline – The Falsies Instant Lash Lift Look Lengthening Voluminsing Mascara in Black;
– MAC Cosmetics – Lash 76 Supermodel Lash;
– Maybelline – Hyper Easy Waterproof Liquid Liner in Pitch Black.
– Maybelline – Color Sensational Carded Lip Liner in Purely Nude;
– Maybelline – Color Sensational Shine Compulsion Lipstick in Baddest Beige.
What about you? Is this one of your favorite looks too? Check the videos down below for a deep dive into the preparation for the event.