Stylist: Petra Flannery assisted by Marco Milani
Outfit: custom Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci
Makeup Artist: Rachel Goodwin using Sisley and Nars
Hairstylist: Mara Roszak using Dyson Hair and L’Oréal Paris
Colorist: Tracey Cunnigham
Manicurist: Emi Kudo using Chanel Beauty
Jewelry: Tiffany & Co.
We are digging deep in the archives and finding little treasures along the way, so what about Emma Stone attending the 89th Annual Academy Awards, on February 26, 2017 in Hollywood, California?
For the occasion, the lovely and petite redhead wore a custom Givenchy Haute Couture gown, featuring gold and bronze Swarovski crystals embroidery, and cream-to-bronze degradè crystal fringes.
Stone was the first ‘Best Actress‘ winner to wear Givenchy since Audrey Hepburn won for ‘Roman Holiday‘ in 1954. The beautiful dress was not only Riccardo Tisci‘s last creation for the design house but it also took 1700 hours to make.
Emma paired the look with a Givenchy gold brass clutch, Tiffany & Co. ‘Whispers of the Rain Forest‘ earrings from the 2017 Tiffany Blue Book Collection, a Tiffany & Co. ring in platinum with diamonds and another one with a yellow sapphire at its center. A pair of custom Givenchy sandals finished off the look.
There was a very important detail that was almost impossible to see from a distance: a gold Planned Parenthood pin right beneath her left strap.
At the time, former President Donald Trump was still in office and signed an executive order to defund the organization, which provides reproductive healthcare, education, and resources for millions of patients.
The “Easy A” actress once again proved to be a feminist icon.
The inspiration for the makeup was revealed by makeup artist Rachel Goodwin to the leading beauty website Into The Gloss: “The look was really inspired by 1930s glamour with a pre-Raphaelite influence that I had from these paintings by Dante Gabriel Rossetti. He used to paint these redheads with all these gold tones around them, and Emma had that beautiful gold dress, too. But the gold was so pale, as is she, so we chose a brick red for her lips as an anchor so the look didn’t wash her out. It’s warm, but still vampy enough.”
The whole rundown of the products was also thoroughly detailed in different articles but the one from Coveteur was definitely the most helpful, so here you have it (edited for clarity):
– Sisley – Black Rose Cream Mask to use before makeup;
– Nars – Pore and Shine Control Primer in the center of the face to create a base that won’t move;
– Nars – Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Finland;
– Nars – Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly around the eyes and lips because that’s what Emma uses personally;
– Nars – ‘Orgasm‘ – Liquid Blush on her cheeks for a nice pale peachy-pink flush;
– Nars – Highlighting Blush in ‘Hot Sand‘;
– Nars – Sun Wash Diffusing Bronzer in ‘Seaside‘;
– Nars – Dual Intensity Blush in ‘Jubilation‘;
– Nars – Illuminator in ‘Copacabana‘;
– Nars – Soft Velvet Loose Powder.
– Nars – Velvet Shadow Stick in ‘Siros‘;
– Nars – Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in ‘Himalia‘ on the lids;
– Nars – Single Eyeshadow in ‘Bali‘ with some water in the crease to give it some glow;
– Nars – Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in ‘Via Appia‘;
– Nars – Velvet Lip Liner in ‘Karekare‘ to line the lips;
– Nars – ‘Mona‘ – Audacious Lipstick all over the lips.
– Sisley – White Ginger Contouring Oil.
According to InStyle, “celebrity hairstylist Mara Roszak opted for a soft wave, which she achieved by applying L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Inject Volume Mousse all through her hair and then parted it on the side. After blow-drying, she used a curling iron to wave all Stone‘s hair away from her face, securing the look with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray. Then, Roszak gently brushed out the waves and finished off the look with another spritz of hairspray.”
Manicurist Emi Kudo used Chanel Beauty nail polishes in the shade #167 ‘Ballerina‘ for her manicure and ‘Mythique‘ for her pedicure.
Emma Stone won the Oscar for Best Actress thanks to her role as Mia Dolan in ‘La La Land‘. She also introduced the performance of Best Original Song nominees “Audition (The Fools Who Dream)” and “City of Stars” together with Ryan Gosling.
La La Land is a 2016 American musical romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Damien Chazelle.
It stars Ryan Gosling as a jazz pianist and Emma as an aspiring actress, who meet and fall in love while pursuing their dreams in Los Angeles.