Photographer: Lauren Leekley
Stylist: Lorenzo Posocco assisted by Sébastien Hohl
Outfit: custom-made Atelier Versace by Donatella Versace
Makeup Artist: Samantha Lau
Hairstylist: Chris Appleton
Hair Extensions: Priscilla Valles
Manicurist: Chaun Peth using OPI
Jewelry: Ananya | Bulgari | Spinelli Kilcollin
Worldwide sensation Dua Lipa won all our hearts with her music and she definitely wins big on the red carpet too.
Let’s talk about her outfit for the Grammy Awards 2021.
The singer wore a custom-made Atelier Versace column dress covered in crystal mesh accentuated with heritage butterflies – entirely encrusted with Swarovski crystals in a pastel palette.
During different interviews, Dua explained how the butterfly motive is part of Versace and how much it is important to her too (look at Xtina wearing a Versace butterfly dress at the Grammys in 2000 to have an idea).
According to Donatella and Elenia (the Design Director for Atelier Versace) , the bespoke gown took 1500 hours to make and it is encrusted with 55000 crystals.
The look was paired with silver Versace square toe heels.
She accessorized her look with different brands of jewelry: a Bulgari platinum, sapphire, and diamond High Jewelry bracelet among other pieces from the Fiorever and Serpenti Icons collections, Ananya Fine Jewelry Scatter Floating bands and Spinelli Kilcollin Delphinus Rouge rings mounted on rose gold with full cut micro pavé dark pink sapphires and rubies.
Dua‘s nail artist Chaun Peth told American Salon how he created those beautiful butterfly nails:
1. Apply one coat of Passion halfway, from cuticle to the middle of the nails. Do not cure (dry);
2. ombré in Halo There! by blending from the tip of the nails towards the middle where Passion meets. Cure for 30 seconds with LED Lamp. Repeat with all 10 nails.
3. Start drawing out silhouettes of butterflies on each nail with Alpine Snow. Cure for 30 seconds;
4. on the right hand blend Suzi Nails New Orleans with Dreams Need Clara-fication together on pinky, ring and thumb nails. Blend No Room for the Blues with Dreams Need Clara-fication on the middle and pinky nails and apply Kiss Me on my Tulips on the pointer finger. Cure for 30 seconds.
5. Repeat Step 4 on the left hand and cure for 30 seconds.
6. Using Black Onyx draw in the lines and details of the butterflies. Cure for 30 seconds.
7. Lastly, apply OPI GelColor Stay Shiny Top Coat and cure for 30 seconds.
To follow the COVID-19 guidelines, Dua wore a Kaze face mask in Nickel Silver while she was sitting at her table in the audience.
Of course, Lipa won a Grammy for her nomination in the Best Pop Vocal Album category for Future Nostalgia.
For the occasion she performed a medley of “Levitating” (featuring DaBaby) “Future Nostalgia” and “Don’t Start Now”.