Stylist: Brett Alan Nelson
Outfit: Schiaparelli Haute Couture by Daniel Roseberry
Makeup Artist: Ernesto Casillas using Pat McGrath Labs and The Ordinary
Hairstylist: J Stay Ready using OGX Beauty and ghd
Manicurist: Saccia Livingston using OPI
Pasties: Agent Provocateur
Nail rings: Bijules by Jules Kim
If you know something about Doja Cat, it’s that if there is a red carpet involved, she’ll give you a proper look. Indeed she did not disappoint while attending the 2022 Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 15, 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Doja looked surreal–pun very much intended–in a Schiaparelli Haute Couture sculptural corset in black molded velvet with an aerodynamic neckline. Underneath, she donned a draped bandeau with train in silk illusion tulle, paired with a long skirt in flowing black crepe–everything stemmed from the Spring 2022 collection.
She accessorized the look with surrealist anatomy earrings, gold Agent Provocateur Vanna Pasties, a Schiaparelli Saturn bag, Schiaparelli golden toes with silver nails heels from the Fall 2021 Couture collection, Bijules Serpent nail rings and two identical Schiaparelli rings on both middle fingers.
Doja‘s makeup was as otherworldly as her outfit, thanks to Ernesto Casillas, who used Pat McGrath Labs products to achieve this look. On his Instagram, he also shared his inspiration:
“I was inspired by the fashion models of the late 90s. I initially wanted to keep her looking clean and c*nty. We were inspired by the incredible jewelry that Brett Alan Nelson pulled that we had to translate that into the eyes. I had this idea to do her inner corner liner that we’ve been doing but gilded and I’m happy with the outcome.”
Here is the whole breakdown (slightly edited and condensed for clarity):
– I first cleansed Doja‘s skin using the The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser. I then flooded the skin with a combination of Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (Blemish Formula) and Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (hydrating serum).
– As the final step to my skin prep, I applied a generous layer of Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA.
– Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation in M18;
– Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer in M15 and M17;
– set under the eyes with Blurring Under-Eye Powder in ‘Yellow‘;
– set the rest of the face with Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Setting Powder in Light Medium 2.
Cheeks and highlighter:
– Blend ‘Aphrodisia‘ blush from ‘Blushing Delights‘ over the apple of the cheeks;
– highlight the high points of the face with ‘Champagne Venus’ highlighter from the same ‘Blushing Delights‘ palette.
– Blend ‘Entrapment‘ eye shadow from the Mothership VI: Bronze Seduction palette through the socket, crease and extend outwards using a fluffy brush;
– add depth to the outer corner and crease with ‘Disobedient‘ eye shadow;
– pack ‘Xtreme Aubergine‘ eye shadow over the outer corner and blend through the crease and outwards;
– line the lash line with Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner and extend into a wing;
– use a small detail brush to highlight the inner corner with Skin Fetish: Sublime Skin Highlighter in Xtreme Gold 002;
– apply Aylas Lashes in ‘Au Naturel‘.
– PermaGel Ultra Lip Pencil in ‘Deep Dive‘;
– SatinAllure Lipstick in ‘Venusian Peach‘;
– Pat McGrath Labs x Bridgerton Skintillating Diamond Body Shimmer in ‘Golden Majesty‘.
What about the hair? J Stay Ready styled the Black entertainer’s hair in a sleek flicked high ponytail using her own hair as a hair tie, here is the full breakdown directly from his Instagram:
“I prepped Doja‘s hair with OGX Extra Strength Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo & Conditioner to give the hair lots of shine and smoothness for the sleek look we planned. I used the OGX Protecting + Silk Blowout Quick Drying Thermal Spray on wet hair to protect and smooth strands before heat styling. I blow dried her hair smooth with the ghd Helios Hairdryer.
When the hair was dry, I straightened with the ghd Platinum+ Styler, creating a super sleek finish and pulled it into a high ponytail. I sprayed her hair with OGX Smoothing + Shea Sleek Humidity Blocking Hair Spray to nix any fly-aways and frizz. Next, I curled the ends of her ponytail with the ghd CURVE Soft Curl Iron to give the ends that 90’s flip.
Finally, I used the OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Weightless Healing Dry Oil to give the hair a super high-gloss finish and added more OGX Smoothing + Shea Sleek Humidity Blocking Hair Spray to ensure everything would stay in place.”
To conclude, manicurist Saccia Livingston kept Doja‘s nails clean and simple by painting them with an OPI rose-y hue, here are all the details on how to achieve it:
– OPI – Stay Strong Base Coat;
– OPI – ‘Bare My Soul‘ nail polish;
– OPI – Stay Shiny Top Coat to seal the deal.
Doja Cat was nominated in the categories: Top Artist, Top Female Artist, Top Hot 100 Artist, Top Streaming Songs Artist, Top Radio Songs Artist, Top Billboard Global 200 Artist, Top R&B Artist (winner), Top R&B Female (winner), Top Billboard 200 Album for Planet Her, Top R&B Album for Planet Her (winner), Top Hot 100 Song for ‘Kiss Me More‘ feat. SZA, Top Collaboration for ‘Kiss Me More‘, Top Viral Song for ‘Kiss Me More‘ (winner) and Top R&B Song for ‘You Right‘ feat. The Weeknd.