Stylist: Kate Young assisted by Lauren Jeworski and Sean Nguyen
Outfit: Gucci by Alessandro Michele
Makeup Artist: Georgie Eisdell using Pat McGrath Labs
Hairstylist: Mark Townsend using Hair Rituel by Sisley
Colorist: Tracey Cunningham and Soumuy Nam
Jewelry: Messika | Jessica McCormack
People were waiting with bated breath for someone who would wear that magnificent Gucci gown that hypnotized the masses during the Love Parade fashion show in Hollywood.
And who other could pull that off apart from Gucci‘s famed godmother Dakota Johnson? She did it just right for the Vanity Fair oscar Afterparty 2022.
Johnson looked like a fairy princess in a pink and violet Gucci dress with all-over embroidery from the Pre-Fall 2022 collection, paired with lilac Gucci open-toe platform sandals (barely visible in the red carpet pictures).
The actress accessorized the look with a Spirited Wind ear cuff from Messika by Kate Moss High Jewelry and a Jessica McCormack diamond and blackened gold Crescent Moon Gypset Hoop earring. She also wore some rings but they were practically unidentifiable because she kept her hands in her long sleeves.
Georgie Eisdell did Dakota‘s makeup using Pat McGrath Labs products. The result was a romantic, dreamy, rose-y makeup, perfectly matching the tones of the actress’ feathery dress. Here is the whole breakdown directly from the pro herself and the brand (edited for clarity):
– Pat McGrath Labs – Sublime Perfection Primer;
– Pat McGrath Labs – Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation in Light Medium 14;
– Pat McGrath Labs – Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Concealer in L5;
– Pat McGrath Labs – Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Blurring Under-Eye Powder in ‘Light‘;
– Pat McGrath Labs – Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Blush in ‘Fleurtatious‘.
– Pat McGrath Labs – Shade Throwing and Eye Ecstasy – Divine Rose Luxe Quad;
– Pat McGrath Labs – Mothership VII: Divine Rose palette using the shade ‘Astral Solstice‘ (2nd row, last pan on the right);
– In the MUA’s kit, we can also see a Pat McGrath Labs – Blitz Astral Eyeshadow Quad in ‘Ritualistic Rose‘;
– Pat McGrath Labs – PermaGel Ultra Glide Eye Pencil in ‘Blk Coffee‘;
– Pat McGrath Labs – FetishEYES Mascara.
HIGHLIGHTER and LIPS
– Pat McGrath Labs – Skin Fetish: Highlighter + Balm Duo in ‘Golden‘;
– Pat McGrath Labs – Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil in ‘Buff‘;
– Pat McGrath Labs – LUST: Gloss in ‘Peach Perversion‘.
For the hair, Mark Townsend styled it in a half up hairdo using Hair Rituel by Sisley products.
For more details regarding the color of her hair, check this post by Tracey Cunningham.