Stylist: Nicky Yates assisted by Chloe Stewart
Outfit: Valentino Couture by Pierpaolo Piccioli
Makeup Artist: Georgie Eisdell using Chanel Beauty and CurrentBody
Hairstylist: Jenny Cho assisted by Barb using René Furterer USA and ghd hair
Manicurist: Queenie Nguyen using OPI
Shoes: Sophia Webster
Clutch: Tyler Ellis
Slowly but surely, as the vaccines roll on, we are getting back to in-person events. Obviously the Oscars 2021 had to be pioneers and tried their luck by preparing an event that has little to do with those of years past.
One of the beloved actresses who walked the real red carpet was Carey Mulligan.
Mulligan stunned in a Valentino Couture Code Temporal organdi (the sheerest and crispest cotton cloth made) cuivre (bronze) dress entirely embroidered with iridescent sequins with pearl reflections from the Spring 2021 Couture collection. According to the Maison, 350 hours of work by hand have been necessary for the creation of the dress in their Ateliers.
She paired the gown with Sophia Webster platform sandals (according to Footwear News, they were Rita Platform Sandals, in a shimmery champagne hue) and a Cartier [SUR]NATUREL High Jewelry ring and earrings set with oval-shaped intense orangey yellow tourmalines, totaling over 30-carats. The actress was also spotted carrying a custom made Tyler Ellis The Perry clutch.
Her makeup artist Georgie Eisdell made sure to let us in on all the details of Carey‘s glam preparations (edited by us for clarity):
– CurrentBody Skin LED Light Therapy Mask for 15 minutes in the morning to relax and give the skin radiance;
– Chanel Essential Regenerating Mask;
– Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Sérum Sublimage Texture Supreme;
– Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation in B20;
– Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream;
– Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder #20;
– Large Powder Brush;
– Chanel Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow in Elemental #352 with Clair-Obscur #308;
– Chanel Stylo Ombre et Contour – Liner Khôl in Electric Brown #04;
– Chanel Ombre Première Laque – Longwear Liquid Eyeshadow in Desert Wind #28;
– Chanel Blending Brush;
– Chanel Large Shadow Brush;
– Chanel Le Volume Noir #10 Mascara;
– Chanel Crayon Sourcils – Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in Brun Naturel #30;
– Chanel Le Gel Sourcils – Longwear Eyebrow Gel in Transparent #350;
– Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Rose Ecrin #68;
– Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Conditioning Lip Balm;
– Chanel Le Crayon Lèvres Longwear Lip Pencil in Pivoine #164;
– Chanel Rouge Allure Laque Ultrawear Shine Liquid Lip Colour in Ultimate;
– Chanel Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick in Transparent.
For the hair, ghd hair was kind enough to provide everyone with a step-by-step tutorial that you can read/follow down below.
Hairstylist Jenny Cho explained her inspiration for the up-do to People.com: “Carey‘s gold Valentino dress was a symbol of classic glamour with a modern twist, which inspired me to do an up-do that felt fresh, current and playful.”
Carey Mulligan was nominated in the category Best Actress for her role as Cassandra “Cassie” Thomas in Promising Young Woman.
Promising Young Woman is a 2020 black comedy thriller film written and directed by Emerald Fennell in her feature directorial debut.
In the movie, Mulligan plays a woman seeking to avenge the death of her best friend, who was a rape victim.