Stylist: Samantha McMillen assisted by Analiese Kern
Outfit: custom Celine by Hedi Slimane
Makeup Artist: Nina Park using Chanel Beauty
Hairstylist: Bryce Scarlett using Moroccanoil
Manicurist: Ashlie Johnson using OPI
Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Some days ago I was revisiting some old Academy Awards outfits, because a lot of the movies that are coming out recently are great award material. Do you remember that scintillating Brie Larson‘s outfit for the 2019 Oscars? Well, if you don’t, stop by and let’s talk about it.
The “Captain Marvel” actress wore a silver custom Celine halter neck chainmail long dress, accessorized with Jimmy Choo Minny 100 Steel Silver Mirror leather sandals, Chanel Comète Géode earrings in 18k white gold and diamonds, Chanel Comète round earrings, a Chanel Comète ring and a stunning 5-band diamond bracelet.
For Brie‘s makeup, her MUA Nina Park went for a very light splash of color on her lips and eyelids, which complemented the statement dress the actress wore.
Are you ready for a full makeup breakdown? Even though Brie‘s look was airy and earthy, there were many hero products involved, each one of them courtesy of Chanel Beauty:
– Chanel – Le Tonique;
– Chanel – Hydra Beauty Micro Sérum;
– Chanel – Camellia Water Cream;
– Chanel – Soleil Tan de Chanel Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed.
– Chanel – Les Beiges – Healthy Glow Foundation Hydration and Longwear in B30;
– Chanel – Le Correcteur de Chanel in #20;
– Chanel – Le Correcteur de Chanel in #30;
– Chanel – Poudre Universelle Libre in #30.
– Chanel – Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil in #20 Blond Cendré;
– Chanel – Le Gel Sourcils Longwear Eyebrow Gel in #350 Transparent.
– Chanel – Les Beiges Blush Healthy Glow in #20;
– Chanel – Les 4 Ombres – Eyeshadow Quad in #314 Lueurs Ambrées;
– Chanel – Stylo Yeux Waterproof – Longlasting Eyeliner in Espresso;
– Chanel – Le Volume Mascara in Black.
– Chanel – Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer in 05 Mordoré Nude;
– Chanel – Le Rouge Crayon de Couleur Lipstick in #27 Bois Rose;
– Chanel – Rouge Coco Flash – Hydrating Vibrant Shine Lip Color in #53 Chicness.
– Chanel – Les Beiges Healthy Glow in #22;
– Chanel – Joues Contraste in #55 ‘In Love‘;
– Chanel – Les Tissages de Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect in #140 ‘Tweed Beige‘;
– Chanel – Highlighting Powder in #40 White Opal;
– Chanel – Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick in Sculpting.
Her hairstylist Bryce Scarlett used Moroccanoil products to achieve those ‘S’ waves and he detailed his process in an interview for behindthechair.com:
“- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light to provide a foundation for styling.
– Next, apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse at the roots of the hair and Moroccanoil Blow Dry Concentrate at the ends.
– Blow-dry the hair using the Moroccanoil Professional Series Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer with the 45 MM Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Round Brush for a smooth and full-bodied blowout.
– Then, bend hair with the Moroccanoil Professional Series Titanium Ceramic Hairstyling Iron to create different sized S-waves throughout the hair for a textured, voluminous style.
– Break up the waves with your fingers and spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray generously throughout the hair while keeping the arch around the frame of the face.
– Lastly, spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium throughout sections of the hair to create a tousled finish look.”
Brie’s manicurist Ashlie Johnson mentioned using OPI nail polishes in the shades: ‘Sweetheart‘, ‘Funny Bunny‘ and ‘Got the Blues for Red‘ to achieve that soft French manicure.
Brie Larson attended the event because she presented the awards for Best Original Screenplay and Best Adapted Screenplay together with Samuel L. Jackson.