Outfit: Prabal Gurung
Makeup Artist: Kristofer Buckle
Hairstylist: Rod Ortega
Colorist: Rona O’Connor
Manicurist: Elle Gerstein using LeChat
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Clutch: Judith Leiber
Jewelry: Lorraine Schwartz
One of the first premieres which took place after the pandemic was that of “Free Guy“, held at the AMC Lincoln Square Theater on August 03, 2021 in New York City. Blake Lively showed up supporting her hubby Ryan Reynolds as she often does whenever he is involved in a new project.
Lively donned a Prabal Gurung pink sequined cutout gown with hand embroidered crystal tubular piping from the Resort 2022 collection.
The “A Simple Favor” actress accessorized the look with a Judith Leiber Star Polaris star-shaped clutch, featuring chunky, clear crystals and finished with a sleek and silky tassel, an abundance of Lorraine Schwartz jewelry and beige Christian Louboutin suede Benedetta ankle strap platform sandals.
Makeup artist Kristofer Buckle mentioned using Bite Beauty Power Move hydrating soft matte Lipstick in Tamarind and Fig along with Kristofer Buckle Beauty Exposure bronzer.
Blake‘s nails made quite the buzz on the internet, they were very chic, floral-y and romantic. In a press statement, nail artist Elle Gerstein explained the thought process and the inspiration for the manicure: “Blake and I always collaborate on her looks—we have a close relationship and have been working together for so many years. We planned this look about a week ago after having multiple Facetimes and sending each other mood boards back and forth. Blake had sent me pictures of the dress, which was a sequined Prabal Gurung, and she wanted a look that was sweet, but edgy. We usually draw inspiration from the movie promos and try to match the theme, but this time we decided that didn’t work. We went off the dress instead opting for pressed flowers paired with a more rock and roll style. I love that it was innocent with a wild edge, breaking away from what she usually does.”
Here’s the full process:
“- First I applied a full set of gel nails (tips) using LeChat Liquid Gel Builder in Clear followed by filing and shaping the nails into an oval shape. There’s no need to apply a base coat since i’’s already a gel nail (from the builder gel).
– I painted the tips with LeChat Perfect Match Smoke Show, which is a slate gray cream—and matches the Pantone color of the year.
– I then went back to the middle of the nail and applied Smoke Show again, making it thinner and painting it up to the top. This made the top (the tips) darker and created the ombre effect.
– Once the ombre effect was achieved, I applied just one, very sheer coat of LeChat Perfect Match Simply Me, which is a light pink, just to blend it out and warm up the gray.
– Lastly, I took tiny pressed flowers (you can find these at a craft store), soaking them first in alcohol to soften them up and then placing them on the nail. This is delicate work and took a little longer than usual as adding the flowers needed perfecting as I had to inlay. They are 3D and you need to case them into the gel.
– I added an additional accent by crumpling up gold and silver foil and placing it on the nail wherever I wanted a shine factor.
– The look was finished with a topcoat cured for 30 seconds and LeChat CBD Cuticle Oil.
Free Guy is a 2021 American science fiction action comedy film directed by Shawn Levy.
The film stars Ryan Reynolds as a bank teller, named Guy, who discovers that he is actually a non-player character in an open-world video game and becomes the hero of the story, trying to save his friends from deletion by the game’s creator.
Blake Lively was in attendance–of course–because she’s Reynold‘s wife in real life.