Stylist: Jason Rembert assisted by Kirsten McGovern
Outfit: custom Christian Cowan
Groomer: Melissa DeZarate using Get Stonned crystals
Manicurist: Michina Koide using CND
Shoes: Steve Madden
The musical “Dear Evan Hansen” is a few days away and I thought it might be a good idea to delve into its titular character’s style: Ben Platt. Here’s what he wore for this year’s MET Gala.
Platt wore a custom Christian Cowan SS22 crystal embellished Indiana produced denim jacket, paired with a white crystal embellished silk shirt; the crystals were courtesy of Crystals by PRECIOSA.
The look was accessorized with Steve Madden Cobra black leather boots and Boucheron jewelry:
– a Quatre Radiant Edition small ring in white gold;
– a Mixed Gold Quatre Classique small ring, crafted with smooth and scalloped bands of 18-karat yellow, white and rose gold which framed 33 sparkling round 0.25-carat diamonds and brown PVD;
– a Quatre Radiant Edition small ring in 18K yellow gold, white gold and diamonds;
– a Quatre Classic large ring in yellow gold and white gold;
– a Mixed Gold Quatre Classique small ring (without diamonds) and to finish, a Quatre Clou de Paris single clip earring in 18K yellow gold.
Denim is the cornerstone of American fashion, hence why the decision to opt for such an outfit, especially since Ben is not one to wear flashy outfits. It went perfectly with the Gala‘s theme of this year: In America: A Lexicon of Fashion.
His skin was luminous and his groomer Melissa DeZarate placed a little crystal below his eyes to mirror those on his clothes.
Dear Evan Hansen is a 2021 American coming-of-age musical teen drama film directed by Stephen Chbosky from a screenplay by Steven Levenson. It is based on the 2015 stage musical of the same name by Levenson, Benj Pasek, and Justin Paul.
In the movie, Ben Platt plays the role of Evan Hansen, a high school senior with Social Anxiety disorder and his journey of self-discovery and acceptance following the suicide of a fellow classmate.