Stylist: Ryan Hastings
Outfit: Dior by Maria Grazia Chiuri
Makeup Artist: Georgie Eisdell using Dior Beauty
Hairstylist: Gregory Russell assisted by Joshua Falewitch
Colorist: Tracey Cunningham and Soumuy Nam
Manicurist: Kim Truong,
mani and pedi prepped by Julie Kandalec
nails applied by Georgie Eisdell and Charlene Young
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Jewelry: Tiffany & Co.
Today Dior unveils its Cruise 2023 collection, so I thought: what better occasion to talk about the brand?
Let’s see what Anya Taylor-Joy–one of Dior‘s most prominent brand ambassadors–wore to this year’s Vanity Fair Oscar Afterparty and which part it plays into this.
For the night, Anya donned a lingerie-inspired, sheer black pleated tulle Dior dress with matching birdcage veil from the Fall 2022 Ready-to-Wear collection.
According to Vogue, it took a total of 60 hours to create it in the Dior ateliers in Paris.
Taylor-Joy paired the look with a Tiffany & Co. High Jewelry diamond necklace of over 25 total carats, Tiffany High Jewelry diamond cluster earrings of over 11 total carats and a statement ring on her right middle finger.
To finish off the ensemble, the actress opted for a pair of black satin Christian Louboutin Gardnera open-toe sandals.
The makeup Georgie Eisdell envisioned for the actress was one of the best I have seen in recent red carpets and as said by Anya in a Vogue interview ahead of the night: “It looks almost slept-in with the smudged liner”.
Here is the product breakdown thanks to MUA Eisdell and Dior Beauty (edited and condensed for clarity):
– Dior Beauty – La Mousse Off/On Cleanser;
– Dior Beauty – Capture Totale C.E.L.L. Energy Super Potent Serum;
– Dior Beauty – Capture Totale Dreamskin Care & Perfect – Global Age-Defying Skincare
Perfect Skin Creator;
– Dior Beauty – Dior Forever Foundation Matte in 1N (or 0.5N according to Dior Beauty);
– Dior Beauty – Dior Backstage Flash Perfector Concealer in 1N (or 0N according to Dior Beauty).
– Dior Beauty – Dior Forever Natural Bronze in 02 Light Bronze;
– Dior Beauty – Dior Backstage Face & Body Powder-no-Powder in 0N Neutral;
– Dior Beauty – Dior Rouge Powder Blush in Hologlam;
– Dior Beauty – Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Palette in 599 New Look;
– Dior Beauty – Mono Couleur Couture in 098 Black Bow;
– Dior Beauty – Diorshow Maximizer 3D Primer-Serum;
– Dior Beauty – Diorshow Mascara in 090 Black.
– Dior Beauty – Diorshow Brow Styler in 001 Universal Brown;
– Dior Beauty – Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick in 743 Rouge Zinnia;
– Dior Beauty – Lip Contour in 999;
– Dior Beauty – Rouge Dior Forever Liquid in 999 Forever Dior.
In the aforementioned Vogue interview, Anya professed her admiration for her glam team and which was her vision for the ensemble: “I wanted the look to feel bold and dark but still fun. The addition of the veil amps up the drama and mystery.”
“Gregory Russell (editor’s note: her hairstylist) and I wanted a clean, chic and modern look to complement the bold makeup look created by Georgie. I love the juxtaposition of the old Hollywood-inspired updo with the smokey eye and bold lip.”
“My manicurist Kim [Truong] created the most amazing lace-inspired nails to complement my dress and accessories—they were the perfect finishing touch from a true artist.”
It surely feels like a dream to work for someone who collaborates with you and admires what you do for them so much. Anya pays respect to all the professionals who work for her (which they rightly deserve) and people should follow her example.
For more information regarding Anya‘s hair color, click here.
Check the actress’ nails up-close, and enjoy some red carpet videos.