Stylist: Elizabeth Stewart assisted by Jordan Grossman
Outfit: custom Oscar de la Renta by Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia
Makeup Artist: Genevieve Herr using Lancôme
Hairstylist: Renato Campora using Fekkai and Kenra
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman
Actress Amanda Seyfried was one of the best dressed at the virtual Golden Globe Awards 2021; we will explore why she made everyone fall in love.
Seyfried stunned in a coral custom Oscar de la Renta dress, made up of handmade silk-taffeta flowers that were inspired by Savannah, Georgia, the location where she was tuning in to the virtual show. The gown was pretty reminiscent of a bridal model that the house created for the Spring 2021 collection.
According to a People.com article, stylist Elizabeth Stewart revealed that the custom gown was lost when it was being shipped to Amanda from de la Renta‘s studio in NYC: “The dress was lost for an entire 36 hours on its way to Savannah.
Someone from Oscar de la Renta drove hours to the 24-hour FedEx hub in Newark, New Jersey and stayed there until they found the dress in the nick of time!”
Stewart also shared how they came up with the dress: “Amanda and I were on a shoot together the day she was nominated. Fernando Garcia from Oscar de la Renta sent over sketches and swatches based on Amanda‘s color direction. We literally sat on the floor and she made her choice and the dress came to life.”
Overall, the dress and the flowers were a perfect reflection of Seyfried‘s personality.
She accessorized her sumptuous look with a pair of Forevermark Exceptional diamond vivid yellow drop earrings set in platinum and 18k yellow gold, which weighs in at 10.43 carats and a contemporary Forevermark by Rahaminov diamond choker set in 18k white gold, which is 12.35 carats. On her left wrist a Jaeger-LeCoultre 101 Feuille watch.
According to the maison, the timepiece is “adorned by 167 pavé diamonds, nestled against one another and arranged by hand. Echoing a leaf’s delicacy, its lid takes the shape of a headdress, revealing or concealing the passage of time.”
As stated by Amanda‘s stylist in the same People.com interview, even the diamonds weren’t left to chance: “It is extremely important that we work with ethical diamonds. The yellow in the diamonds is just right with the coral in the dress. I love the simple ring of diamonds around her neck.”
For shoes she wore a pair of Stuart Weitzman Merilou sandals (hers appeared to be without the big embellishment on the top, but the information came straight from the brand’s PRs).
I was able to gather a whole list of the products makeup artist Genevieve Herr used on Amanda, thanks to what she wrote on her Instagram and thanks to what Lancôme shared on its social media:
– Advanced Génifique Face Serum the night before;
– Prep & Hydrate Primer;
– Teint Idole Ultra Wear Makeup Stick in Bisque Neutral #360;
– Blush Subtil Palette in Nectar Lace.
– Le Crayon Khôl in Black Coffee;
– Hypnôse 5-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Bois Corail;
– Ombre Hypnôse Stylo Longwear Cream Eyeshadow in 26 Or Rose;
– Lash Idôle Mascara.
– Le Lip Liner in Bronzelle;
– L’Absolu Rouge Cream Lipstick in Beige Mirage #250;
– L’Absolu Rouge Sheer lipstick in Nuit & Jour #202.
Her hairstylist Renato Campora revealed on his Instagram that he was inspired by 1940’s Hollywood and wanted to create a classic & iconic Hollywood look.
Luckily, we have a Vogue.com article detailing the process and explaining his chosen hairstyle:
“I was inspired by Amanda’s beautiful Oscar de la Renta gown, so I wanted a romantic and iconic style to complement her whole look.”
– “[He] started off with FEKKAI Brilliant Gloss Perfecting Crème on Seyfried‘s damp hair.
– Then, he applied a spritz of Kenra Nitro Memory Crème at the root for lift and protection before blowdrying with a round brush.
– Campora swooped the hair into a side part and curled lengths with a 1.5-inch curling iron, then pinned each curl while they cooled down.
– After removing the pins, he brushed out the hair […] to get the softened look and finished off with FEKKAI Full Blown Volume Texturing Spray ‘for added texture and volume’ as well as a spray of Kenra Artformation Hairspray to ensure the look would last.”
Amanda Seyfried was nominated in the category Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for her role as Marion Davies in Mank and she also served as presenter, introducing the film.
Mank is a 2020 American biographical drama film about screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz and his development of the screenplay for Citizen Kane (1941).
Directed by David Fincher, based on a screenplay by his late father Jack Fincher.
On #GoldenGlobes Sunday, Amanda Seyfried wears pink. 💕 pic.twitter.com/XOEb5k1pcs— E! News (@enews) March 1, 2021